Stages of Breasts
5 Stages of the Breast
- Breasts during childhood. The breasts are flat and show no signs of development.
- Breast bud stage. Milk ducts and fat tissue form a small mound.
- Breast continue to grow. Breast become rounder and fuller.
- Nipple and areola form separate small mound. Not all girls go through this stage. Some skip stage 4 and go directly to stage 5.
- Breast growth enters finial stage. Adult breast is full and round shaped.
Credit: J. Geoff Malta, MA, EdM, NCC Adolescent Therapist